Thank you for being a valued customer of Canon Medical Informatics. In the ever-changing world of healthcare technology and information security, Canon Medical Informatics continues to advance our products to align with industry changes and to introduce new features, provide workflow improvements, enhance clinical capabilities and improve cybersecurity.
Every product release comes with a product lifecycle, and as new software versions are introduced, older versions move into End of Life. Updated software enhancements and upgrades are made available to our customers as part of software maintenance contracts – this helps to reduce costs and keep up to date with the latest versions. This notice is to advise you that Vitrea® Advanced Visualization software versions 7.11 and 7.12 and earlier are at or approaching End of Life (EOL).
Canon Medical Informatics’ policy for products reaching end of life applies to versions of Vitrea software still in operation more than four (4) years after the software release date.
Upcoming EOL Schedule
For Vitrea Advanced Visualization, the following software versions are scheduled to be approaching end of life:
- Vitrea Advanced Visualization version 7.11
- Scheduled for November 2023
- Vitrea Advanced Visualization version 7.12
- Scheduled for November 2024
What Does End of Life Mean?
According the upcoming end of life schedule, Vitrea Advanced Visualization versions 7.11 and 7.12 will no longer be:
- Redistributed or reinstalled by Canon Medical Support
- Eligible for any software changes or standard software support
- You can continue to use your current version of Vitrea 7.11 or version of 7.12 (or earlier) software.
- All versions of 7.11 and 7.12 (and earlier) software are no longer subject to any further engineering development, enhancements, or fixes.
- If you are covered under a software maintenance and support contract, you can upgrade to the latest version of Vitrea software* as part of the coverage.
- Support will be available for the impacted versions of software on a reasonable effort basis.
Reasonable Effort is defined as follows for customers on a Support contract:
- Basic trouble shooting, guidance & remediation of issues when possible
- Does not include any patches, updates or bug fixes to the EOL software
- Does not include reinstallation of the EOL software
- If the identified fix for an issue is part of an available software upgrade, the upgrade will be the only option available.
- The customer may be required to upgrade to resolve the issue
- Customers that are not on support contracts are not eligible for support.
For more Vitrea product lifecycle information, access the product lifecycle page.
*New hardware and Professional Services charges may apply
It is recommended to upgrade to the latest supported version of Vitrea Advanced Visualization to keep your software supported and up to date. To learn more about the benefits of the latest version, and compare versions of Vitrea Advanced Visualization, access the What’s New online comparison tool.
For customers with an active maintenance contract
Canon Medical customers that are covered under a maintenance contract are entitled to a release that is UDI compliant. This is part of the existing maintenance contract.
Please note: New Vitrea software may not be compatible with your existing hardware and may require the purchase of new hardware along with Canon Medical’s Professional Services.
Upgrade to the latest version by contacting a Customer Success Manager.
For customers without an active maintenance contract
If you are not currently covered under a maintenance contract, consider renewing for a UDI compliant revision of software and maintenance support.
Renew your maintenance contract by contacting a Customer Success Manager.